Monday, March 7, 2011

Taking a Break from Social Networking

Anyone who knows me knows that I love interacting with my old friends, new friends,  extended family, and even a pet or two over Facebook.  But like everyone on Facebook, there is a draw, a need to go back and see what everyone is talking about.  You can find out anything, when someone gets pregnant, when they end up having their child, but you also hear the other half, when people or their families are sick, and when they die.  I genuinely care about they people that are on my Facebook Friends list, most are people and family I’ve known since I’ve known myself.  But I have to take a break.
Recently, I find myself thinking about what I’m missing, I wonder who’s doing what, or if I’m missing information that someone posted that, like many others, don’t make phone calls about.  I spend entirely too much time interacting with too many people in too little time.
Like I said, on my last Facebook post.  I’m taking a break for awhile to get focused.  I have alot of things on my mind, I’m finishing Graduate School.  I’ve gotten basically A’s on all classes and only lack a couple more and a thesis.  I’m losing focus when I have so many other things floating around that I feel I need to “take care of”.  Not to mention, I’m trying to find a J.O.B.  That in itself is a full time work assignment.  And it doesn’t seem to be getting any easier for me, and I dont know why.
My “Spring Break” wont be long, just to see how I can get myself back into a place where I feel I’m back heading in the RIGHT direction.  If you’re on my Facebook, my phone number is listed as is my email, and which other way you want to reach me.  I’ll have my phone, I’ll be spending time outdoors, re-volunteering with the soup kitchen, and hopefully making a change in someones life that needs it.
So For you guys that are friends, I’ll see yea soon.  For those of you who aren’t, maybe you should try it a day or two and see how it makes you feel.  I already feel like a huge stress has been lifted off my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment